Read or Download A Guide to the Buddhas (Meeting the Buddhas) PDF
Similar buddhism books
Viele Strömungen des Buddhismus sind bestens erforscht und auch im Westen bekannt, nicht aber jene Gruppe japanischer Mönche, die sich vor achthundert Jahren aus der Gesellschaft zurückzog, um ein Outlaw-Leben fernab weltlicher und klerikaler Rangordnungen zu führen. Die »Hijiri« wanderpredigten dem einfachen Volk einen Buddhismus, der das ganze Elend des Daseins, aber auch die Freiheit darin buchstabierte – lakonisch, krass und existenziell berührend.
An Archaeological background of Indian Buddhism is a accomplished survey of Indian Buddhism from its origins within the sixth century BCE, via its ascendance within the 1st millennium CE, and its eventual decline in mainland South Asia by means of the mid-2nd millennium CE. Weaving jointly stories of archaeological continues to be, structure, iconography, inscriptions, and Buddhist old assets, this booklet uncovers the quotidian matters and practices of Buddhist clergymen and nuns (the sangha), and their lay adherents--concerns and practices usually obscured in reports of Buddhism premised mostly, if no longer solely, on Buddhist texts.
St. Nadie in wintry weather is a non secular autobiography that comes with Zen poetry, memoir, and uncooked perception. There aren't any effortless solutions to be came across, no effortless prescriptions during this gorgeous twenty-first century Buddhist e-book. Keenan's world-his boyhood Catholicism, his alcoholism, his fight to take care of sincere relationships along with his spouse and youngsters, his paintings as a poet and librarian, his Zen practiceoffers a highway map for any reader grappling with the darkish evening of the soul.
Seeing that its inception over 2 hundred years in the past, Swaminarayan Hinduism has flourished right into a transnational stream defined as one of many quickest becoming Hindu teams on the planet. regardless of being one of many biggest and so much obvious Hindu traditions either in India and the West, unusually little is understood approximately what the Swaminarayan fellowship believes.
- Extraordinary Freedom: Buddhist Wisdom for Modern Times
- Incarnation: The History and Mysticism of the Tulku Tradition of Tibet
- Wisdom Nectar: Dudjom Rinpoche's Heart Advice (Tsadra)
- El camino gozoso de buena fortuna: El sendero budista hacia la iluminación (Spanish Edition)
- The Collected Works of Chogyam Trungpa: Volume Seven: The Art of Calligraphy (Excerpts); Dharma Art; Visual Dharma (Excerpts); Selecte d Poems; Selected Writings: 7
- Identity, Ritual and State in Tibetan Buddhism: The Foundations of Authority in Gelukpa Monasticism (Routledge Studies in Tantric Traditions)
Extra info for A Guide to the Buddhas (Meeting the Buddhas)
A Guide to the Buddhas (Meeting the Buddhas) by Vessantara